I love this community because I am with people who know my inherent perfection and I know the same for them."
New Thought Center for Spiritual Living is a spiritual community and way of life that honors all paths to God. We promote spiritual tools for personal transformation and help make the world a better place.
As an Open and Affirming Community and member of the Community of Welcoming Congregations we extend a warm welcome to all people in search of a spiritual community where they are embraced, affirmed and accepted for who they are and inspired and supported in growing into their highest potential.
Who We Are
We were founded in 2004 as an independent New Thought community known as New Thought Ministries of Oregon. Dedicated to diversity, inclusivity, transparency and good stewardship we grew into a strong and vibrant spiritual community. In 2007 we became an affiliated member of the United Centers for Spiritual Living and in September of 2008 changed our name to New Thought Center for Spiritual Living.
The New Thought Movement or New Thought is a loosely allied group of organizations, authors, philosophers, and individuals who share a set of metaphysical beliefs concerning healing, life force, and personal power and the Oneness of all live and creation. The New Thought Movement developed in the United States during the mid to late 19th century, with roots stemming from Unitarian and Transendentalist Movements and continues to the present time. Some of the better known authors today associated with New Thought teachings are Wayne Dyer, Depak Chopra and Ekhart Tolle (A New Earth - book series from Oprah) as well as many others. Our particular branch of "New Thought" is Religious Science - founded by Ernest Holmes.
What We Believe
- We believe God is the one Power in the universe that moves in, through and as all things and there is inseparable oneness between God and all Life.
- We believe the world around us corresponds to our thoughts and attitudes. We are co-creators with God. “As ye sow so shall ye reap.”
- We believe the saints, sages, mystics and prophets (through all spiritual traditions) revealed wholeness as their true nature. We are born in the image and likeness of wholeness. The master teacher Jesus was the great example not the great exception.
- We believe all things are evolving. We are immortal, spiritual beings evolving toward a greater awareness of our oneness with God.
- We believe we grow spiritually when we give of ourselves in service.